Skillset - Web Automation Engineer
Here is what a Wireless co wants as a skillset in a Web Automation Engineer:
As an Automation Engineer you will work within the Quality Assurance department and be responsible for developing automated functional test frameworks for Web, database and handheld device applications.
Responsibilities of Automation Engineer:
- Participate in the product life-cycle from design to commercial release, following the Agile development methodology.
- Develop and implement automation strategies, test plans, standards and processes.
- Develop frameworks and collaborate with QA and developers in the development of automated testing scripts for our products.
- Work with technical support, enterprise customers and core development engineers to address product scalability, usability, reliability, functionality, and performance-related issues.
- Write SQL queries to verify Web page and custom report accuracy.
Requirements of Automation Engineer:
- 3+ years experience in software development, with work on entire product lifecycle.
- Have a strong technical background (quantitative or engineering degree preferred).
- Experience with SQL.
- Have some programming experience ? Python or Java preferred.
- Have experience with test automation frameworks like Selenium RC or Web Driver.
- Comprehensive understanding of QA methodologies and how to adapt them to the specific needs of our organization and products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.