Test Automation Career - QTP
I have had a lot of friends and testing aspirants asking me , what is it that i should know in QTP to start a career in automation . I shall have a series of posts that will give you an idea of what are the things you need to learn if you want to test a specific technology : e.g : .Net , Java, WebServices etc...
I shall start with the simplest one and my favorite QTP:
- Basics of using QTP- use the tutorial and refernce guide for this
- Web App testing ( Use the sample HP app for this)
- Windows App testing ( Use the sample HP app for this)
- VB scripting (from a quicktest point of view)
- Advanced concepts in QTP.
- Other Advanced concepts like COM objects, Quick test object model
- Make your own DLL’s, work with WSC, and QTP Reserved Objects and Registry changes
- Synchronizing QTP with external applications.