Lets Install Maven
Maven for Windows XP:
- Maven is a Java tool, so you must have Java installed.
- Download Maven from http://maven.apache.org/download.html#Installation
- Unzip the distribution archive, i.e. apache-maven-3.0.3-bin.zip to the directory you wish to install Maven 3.0.3
- Add the M2_HOME environment variable with the value of where you have extracted the zip artchive: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache-maven-3.0.3
- Add the M2 environment variable in the user variables with the value %M2_HOME%\bin
- Update/create the Path environment variable and append the value %M2% to add Maven available in the command line.
- Make sure that JAVA_HOME exists in your user variables or in the system variables and it is set to the location of your JDK, e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_02
- Restart the machine
- Open a new command prompt and type mvn --version to verify that it is correctly installed