Move / Copy folders between projects and domains in QC / ALM
Have you ever tried copying folders between projects and different domains in Quality Center or ALM ?
If you have you would know that it's as simple as the steps below:
- Select the resource or folder that you want to copy in the test resource tree. To copy more than one item, use the CTRL key.
- Choose Edit > Copy. Alternatively, right-click and choose Copy.
- Open another instance of Quality Center and log in to the project to which
- you want to paste the resource or folders.
- Select the folder to which you want to copy the resources or folders.
- Choose Edit > Paste. Alternatively, right-click and choose Paste. The Paste Resources to Target Project dialog box opens.
- Select one of the following options:
- Copy resources and link to existing related entities. QC copies the test resources or folders and pastes them into the target project. The copied test resources or folders are linked to existing test resources and called tests with the same name. If a related test resource or a test does not exist in the target project, Quality Center copies it to the target project.
- Copy resources and related entities. Quality Center copies the test resources or folders along with the related test resources and called tests, and pastes them into the target project. If a related test resource or a called test already exists in the target project, the copied related test resource or called test is renamed to resolve the duplicate name.
- Copy resources without copying related entities. Quality Center copies the test resources or folders without copying the related test resources or called tests, and pastes them into the target project. The copied items are not linked to any related entities.
That's about it! Happy Testing...