Specified VM install not found
If you have recently upgraded the JRE on your machine and you start facing problems with eclipse.
Also If you see this message when you try to run eclipse Specified VM install not found: type Standard VM
What will not work? Deleting and recreating the workspace
What will work:
First let the project know which JDK container to use:
- Navigate to Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs
- Select the jdk on your machine
- Navigate to Window->Preferences->Java->Installed JREs->Execution Environments
- List of common jvm environments such as JavaSE-1.6 and JavaSE-1-7 names. Click rows and choose jre instance on the right side panel.
- This is where you may accidentally have nothing chosen if JREs were uninstalled or names changed in InstalledJREs setting. You may get Specified vm install not found error dialog.
- Go Back to the Project
- Navigate to the JavaBuildPath
- Add Library -> JRE System Library-> Next and Finish
- build.xml file->Run As->Ant Build->popup menu entry.
- Click on JRE tab and choose execution environment. This may have obsolete value from the previous jdk values.
Add Library.../JRE System Library/(x)Execution environment
Choose execution environment to be used for this project.