Test automation in Australia
So now that I have seen the testing market for sometime in Australia , here are pointers for job seekers in the test automation world:
- First impressions of the testing markets will seem promising only if you have a good skill-set
- There are only two strong domains here Banking and Gambling
- Most popular test automation tool - Selenium WebDriver
- Most Popular language - Java followed by C#
- Most projects claim to be
- Either Agile or partially cooked Agile projects
- Have a BDD way of testing/development
- Most Important (Automation or Want to get there too)
- If you are an automation engineer who knows QTP well then the bad news for you is it might not fetch you too many job interviews as this is a market filled with OpenSource tools.
- Test Automation here = Web + Mobile (and sometimes + Performance Testing)
- The Companies here are small and hence prefer not investing too much into testing. So be ready to learn a lot of opensource test management tools that you might have not used in the past.
- Able to deliver quality automated solutions using Java/.Net
- Have an ideal exposure to continuous integration tools.
- Web and Mobile go hand in hand.
- Get yourself acquainted with atleast one of the following Selenium Webdriver / TOSCA
Feel free to add more to this list. I shall update this post with time. As they say Change is the only constant in technology space.