SeeTest - Launch iOSBridge automatically
If you are automating your apps on seeeTest + iOS and you see that the iOS Bridge just goes blank and says disconnected. You know that your tests will not run as the prerequisite for any test to run is that you need to have the iOS Bridge running in the background.
Solution: Manually launch iOS Bridge on your phone. But what if your devices are located on a remote system and cannot be accessed ??
Solution: Using the Runtime Application Manager mechanism
The Application Manager is used primarily to install and instrument applications so that their Native and Web elements/objects can be used to test them .Applications are generally imported from the local disk of the tester's computer.
- Click on the 'Application Manager' button in SeeTest located under Applications on the left hand side corner. The icon looks like an import button
- The Application manager will then appear on your screen and you need to import the ipa file that is located in <SeeTest InstallationFolder>/bin/native folder. The ipa file is called LaunchAgent.ipa
- Once completed it will ask you to install the application
- then it would ask you to launch the application
- You can now launch the iOS Bridge remotely by either clicking on the icon to launch in SeeTest under applications
- In order to Launch an application in the script you can use the 'Launch' command Do not use: //client.launch("task:com.experitest.LaunchAgent", true, false);
- Use client.openDevice();
Happy iOS Automation !