How do I get my Nexus 7 to show up in the adb devices list ?
- Nexus 7 that I'm trying to connect to Windows computer for automation over adb
- No device driver for nexus 7 ?
What did not work:
- I did click on the build number 7 times to get the developer options enabled
- Tried connecting both as a Media device (MTP) and as a Camera (PTP). ("Connected as a media device" up at the top left corner, de-selecting Media Device (MTP) and then checking Camera (PTP).)
- downloaded this usb driver: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/nexus7/usb_driver_r06_windows.zip Go to the device manager , right click the nexus device and choose properties, choose "hardware" and then choose update your driver , choose manualy and pick the folder you opend the zip file to and press apply.
What worked for me:
The universal adb driver installer worked for me. Download the universal driver exe Run with the device connected and it will give you an option to install. http://adbdriver.com/
Install that and you will now see the option on your tablet to connect to the computer :)
Update: What worked on Windows 8.1
Happy Android Automation!