- Mozilla has been working on a project called Marionette which will become a future version of FirefoxDriver.
- Official link - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/QA/Marionette
- Read more here http://www.theautomatedtester.co.uk/blog/2012/marionette-the-future-of-firefoxdriver-in-selenium.html
- If you want to perform UI tests with browser chrome or content, Marionette is the tool you're looking for!
- Using Marionette with Webdriver - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/QA/Marionette/WebDriver
- Marionette will be turned on by default from Selenium 3
- Ideally when Firefox 52 comes around you will just update to Selenium 3