Watch / Notifications projects in JIRA
Problem: How do I bulk watch issues on my JIRA project?
Scenario: You are a Test Manager with a program nearing release. You want to be notified when someone files a blocker or critical issue.
- Create a filter
- Add a subscription
- You can create a filter in JIRA that matches the criteria you need.
- Save the filter with an appropriate name - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/using-filters-720416526.html
- Some examples for JQL tips and tricks - https://www.alfresco.com/blogs/developer/2016/05/18/top-10-jql-tips-from-first-steps-to-seasoned-traveler/
- Now click details link of the filter
- We can then subscribe to that filter.\
Whenever a new issue matches that filter, JIRA will email you. You can set notifications to whatever period you want. For example, you can make sure the list of critical issues are in your inbox every morning. As new issues come in, you can decide if you want to watch them to follow all the issue traffic.